Snowies still around

Northern Wellington County Bird Sightings

Moderator: wcleung

Snowies still around

Postby HighDHo on Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:17 pm

hello all. I thought I would let you all know that we did spot 3 Snowies yesterday just past 4th line on Wellington Rd 12. they seem to be making their way north. i'm also pretty sure I saw one fly over the GLNC this morning, but no binocs, so i can't confirm. Also spotted a Northern Harrier just outside of Bloomingdale on St Charles St. We also saw one close to the Snowies, hunting in a field. This is the most Harriers I have seen in one day! Also seen: 2 Roughies, and 1 (yes, only 1) RTH. Good hour and fifteen minutes of my time!!! Gotta love those days!!! If I got anything worth showing I will post soon, but I am on my way back today, so hopefully I can get more!!! Good birding everyone!!

Heidi

P.S. Heard my first robin at the GLNC today too!!! How long till that sound is no longer music to my ears??? Those birds need to learn to sleep in!!! And a Song SParrow at Lasalle on Saturday!! COME ON SPRING!!!
Nikon D5000 AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm 1:4.5-5.6G zoom lens with VR
Obsessed with raptors
HighDHo

Re: Snowies still around

Postby Mike O on Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:15 pm

Great find on the Northern Harriers Hiedi. I've only seen three in my life all in one week, and no pics.
Mike O

Re: Snowies still around

Postby HighDHo on Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:04 am

Here are some shots. Nothing too wonderful unfortunately.

Northern Harrier

Snowies.... two by two...

hope they are still around next weekend when the weather is better!!!

Heidi
Nikon D5000 AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm 1:4.5-5.6G zoom lens with VR
Obsessed with raptors
HighDHo

Return to Fergus, Arthur, and Luther