LaSalle Marina Expansion Update

Forum for general chit-chat, general information, and stuff that doesn't fit elsewhere

Moderator: wcleung

LaSalle Marina Expansion Update

Postby MikeV on Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:03 pm

Thought I would forward this email, as many of you have probably birded or taken photos at LaSalle Marina in Burlington.
This was sent to me, and I thought I would pass it on.

Hello All,

After you've watched the video, if you can find the time, please send an email or letter to the:

City of Burlington

Mayor Mr. Rick Golding and All Councilors

cob@burlington.ca

It will help the fight to keep the area free for us to use as well as wildlife. It absolutely does not matter if you are not a resident of Hamilton or Burlington, as long as you are an Ontarian. Watch the interview it will give you something to write. BTW, the LaSalle Park Marina Assoc. are asking for the CIty to pay for the expansion; that means our taxes for 340 boaters, who can well afford to pay their own way. You'd be amazed at the many other waterfowl that find shelter at LaSalle Park.

Hi Everyone:

Please have a look at the video of the Skype interview Liz did with Dzintars Cers, a CBC journalist, on the Trumpeter Swans and LaSalle Park.

Find it here: http://youtu.be/BKbLWBN7Ajw <http://youtu.be/BKbLWBN7Ajw>

This interview is an excellent way to get information about the Trumpeter Swans,and the impact of LaSalle Park’s marina redevelopment plans, out to Burlington citizens — most of whom still don’t know about the issue. It would be helpful if you commented about it on the You Tube site, liked it on Facebook and passed it along through your personal and organizational email lists.

If we want to save the Trumpeter Swan habitat at LaSalle Park, we must raise awareness about the issue and this video is a great way to do that.

Thanks for your continuing support.

The Trumpeter Swan Coalition

905-562-3819

trumpeterswancoalition@gmail.com <mailto:trumpeterswancoalition@gmail.com>

www.trumpeterswancoalition.com <http://www.trumpeterswancoalition.com/>
Shooting with some Canon Stuff
MikeV

Re: LaSalle Marina Expansion Update

Postby karl egressy on Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:44 am

Great posting, Mike.
I think it would be a good idea to post it on the Hamilton Birding site and OFO birding site as well.
karl egressy
Site Admin

Re: LaSalle Marina Expansion Update

Postby MikeV on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:51 am

I would think that those people already know about the proposed plan.

Thought some people might be interested here about the proposed expansion.

I was told by a city councilor that there maybe some misinformation floating around, like the use of public funds.

Anyways, thought it was an interesting read.

Mike
Shooting with some Canon Stuff
MikeV

Return to General Wildlife Talk