site issues

Forum for general chit-chat, general information, and stuff that doesn't fit elsewhere

Moderator: wcleung

site issues

Postby Clicker on Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:03 am

Is there another site we can post on. It is so unfortunate that this one wont accept our posts and the advertising is questionable as well.
Clicker

Re: site issues

Postby wcleung on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:01 pm

There are numerous ways to share photos but I personally have not met a dedicated and relevant community like this forum. As a user (not a moderator), I'd rather investigate solutions than moving out. Debbie
wcleung

Postby Peter C. on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:44 am

I suspect there are no end to the number of places that one can go to post photos on the web!* Lots of capacity on birdforum.net for this, for example. :idea: That site has both a general photo forum and "local patch" forums for different areas. However, it is a very international forum - I don't know of any other forum with a local focus, which is what makes this one worth keeping up.

Peter C.

*The question - and I do recognize that this is an independent one entirely - is why the need to? That's something I've never been able to get....
Peter C.

Postby jbrierley on Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:36 pm

Guys, can you tell me what happens when you try to post at attachment? I just did this test post and it seemed to work fine now. I think we just ran out of disk space. It had 800 Meg as the attachment limit and we were at 800.14. I've upped it to 1200 meg.

In regards to the spam, as you know I'm not around here very much and I basically let the site run itself. I essentially view it as a user-moderated forum. If anyone is willing to be a moderator or a site admin and keep out some of the spammers, please feel free to drop me a line. So long as I can confirm you're not a spammer yourself (from your posts), I'd be happy to make you one so you can kill the bad guys' posts. They're VERY difficult to keep out and I just don't have the time to keep on top of them. Debbie has already offered and I've made her a moderator.

If you do see lots of spam start to crop up again, especially offensive spam, please email me and I'll.

Thanks,
Jon
(Site Owner)
Attachments
Testpost.jpg
test
Testpost.jpg (175.02 KiB) Viewed 389 times
jbrierley
Site Admin

Postby Peter C. on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:34 pm

jbrierley wrote:Guys, can you tell me what happens when you try to post at attachment? I just did this test post and it seemed to work fine.

(Site Owner)

One user, and then several others, were getting the "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached" message when trying post a message with an attachment - no matter what the size. However, this problem seems to have been magically taken care of :wink: . I was just able to go back to a very old post I made, and replace a photo which had unaccountably been deleted; when I tried to do the very same thing at the end of May, I, too was getting the "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached" message.

However, no such problem at the moment... hooray!
Attachments
Trini-Motmot1a.jpg
Trinidad Motmot - not your average feeder bird!
Trini-Motmot1a.jpg (161.94 KiB) Viewed 370 times
Peter C.,
Chief &c,
A.H.O.R.B.
Peter C.

Postby jbrierley on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:44 pm

Ok, thanks, Peter. I've unlimited disk space now so I'll go jack it up to some obscenely large number...

I wish the spam was so easy to fix.
jbrierley
Site Admin

Return to General Wildlife Talk