Meadowlark hunting :-)

Forum for general chit-chat, general information, and stuff that doesn't fit elsewhere

Moderator: wcleung

Meadowlark hunting :-)

Postby JMCDA on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:24 am

Hi All

as many of you know I am a wildlife artist and I have a patron who would like a Meadowlark painting if I can find some Meadowlarks and be lucky enough to get a decent shot to work from! I have seen some beautiful pics on the forum from members who have been lucky enough to find one but my "hunting" for the past year or so hasn't seen results.

...would any of you be so kind as to share some locations with me where you know that Meadowlarks are present, or usually are present..I am in Mitchell so anywhere around KW is good, even up to the Milton/Burlington area and also any areas between Mitchell and Rondeau Park - London, Strathroy, Komoka, Melburne etc as we have property there as well and travel sw often.

Thanks so much for your help! - you can reply here in this thread or PM me privately if you like.

Joann
www.jmcda.blogspot.ca/
JMCDA

Re: Meadowlark hunting :-)

Postby Grenfell on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:26 pm

I drove past Grass Lake today, and stopped for a short time. I watched 3 or 4 Eastern Meadowlarks, which were very active.
They were close to the road near the communication towers control room
Hope that helps
Grenfell

Postby JMCDA on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:44 pm

Thank you - Grass lake will get a visit next week! Kellie sent me a link to e-bird and apparently one was sighted right here in Mitchell at the Sewage Lagoons...I was all over there for the better part of a day last week with no luck, and have looked there before thinking it was a likely habitat but never found any. (((sigh))) that's the way it goes! Hopefully we will have some sun tomorrow and I can take a walk around the lagoons again.

Joann
JMCDA

Postby Clicker on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:10 pm

I got a picture of a horned lark last week there. across from the tv tower building near the green bird houses across from the farm
Attachments
unknown.jpg
unknown.jpg (62.88 KiB) Viewed 320 times
Clicker

Return to General Wildlife Talk