In-camera Sharpness setting

Post general usage questions here - "How do I?"

Moderator: wcleung

In-camera Sharpness setting

Postby Malcolm on Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:49 pm

Given the necessity of sharp crisp photos I'm curious if people are using the default sharpness settings in your cameras or have you bumped it up a bit i.e. my Canon XTI has a sharpness range of 0-7 and the default is 3 which is where I have it at the moment. I recognize that you can sharpen the image (Raw or JPG) in the post processing I just curious if anyone has tinkered with the in-camera setting as well.
Malcolm

Re: In-camera Sharpness setting

Postby mustap on Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:57 pm

Personally i have never touched the sharpness setting in camera. So basically just adjusting....Aperture, ISO, Shutter Speed, White Balance, Focus method, metering method, contrast and colour saturation.
Peeter Musta - mustap.smugmug.com
mustap
Site Admin

Postby josh on Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:53 pm

I wouldn't use the in-camera sharpening. All pictures need a different amount or sharpening, so I would rather do it myself in CS3 than have my camera automatically do it equally for all pictures.
josh

Postby Malcolm on Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:32 pm

Thanks Peeter and Josh, it's always good to get input. I guess I'll leave those setting at the default and concentrate on the ones that aren't universally applied. I just started shooting in RAW so I should be able to do whatever I want/need in the processing step ... assuming I can figure all of that out.
Malcolm

Return to Usage Questions