At the feeder

Sightings in and around Kitchener/Waterloo

Moderator: wcleung

At the feeder

Postby Jeffie Boy on Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:17 am

Living under the old Oaks and Maples in Cambridge, I've come to see a regular circus of visitors to my yard and feeders. Finches, Jays, Cardinals, Sparrows, Woodpeckers, etc.

Recently while cleaning out my shed, I came across an older seed feeder. I decided to bring it to work in Elmira. I work in an office at ground level and for six years have had a Hummingbird feeder on a crook outside the office window.

Now I am learning about Cowbirds & Grackles. Today there appeared to be a Purple Finch at the feeder in amongst a group of Sparrows. I remembered the statement " a head dipped in Raspberry juice"... Another similar but smaller bird with a more defined skull red cap also has arrived. Guess I am due to spend more time reading my BoC book! The real issue is how to focus on work instead of this?
Just another middle-aged guy who likes to stop and view the flora and fauna while driving 50km each way to work each day through the Region.
Jeffie Boy

Re: At the feeder

Postby adonlan on Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:48 pm

Good job, Jeffie Boy!! Not as impressive as the Whip-poor-will but still very interesting! Ha!

I'll come by your cubicle tomorrow and help you concentrate on work...

Andy
adonlan

Return to KW Bird Sightings