Noob Pics

Upload photo's for constructive critique

Moderator: wcleung

Noob Pics

Postby Dieseldog on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:52 pm

Hello All,

I am new to digital photography as well and have taken a real shine to it. I must admit that I have dabbled in various different areas but much prefer birds and nature photography.
I am shooting with a Canon 7D, Sigma 24-70, and a Canon 100-400IS L.
Please feel free to check out some of my hobby pics and tell me what you think :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dieseldog5/
Canon EOS 7D, Canon 100 - 400 IS USM.
Dieseldog

Re: Noob Pics

Postby Lori.P on Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:04 am

Welcome to the forum Dieseldog.

I checked out your photos on flickr and it looks like you have had some good trips. You have a good eye for landscape and I like your industrial shots as well.

I also own a 7d. It can be a real challenge to maintain the noise that the camera picks up. Good lighting and low ISO settings have always helped me out. Also, I am trying to work in manual as much as possible which seems to keep the noise levels down too.

I hope you enjoy for 7D ... get out there and shoot and give us some more to see.

Again, welcome to the forum :D
Lori Portela
I never walk softly, and Frank always carries the big lens

http://public.fotki.com/Clanky/birds/
Lori.P

Re: Noob Pics

Postby Dieseldog on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:10 pm

Hi Lori,

Thanks for your honest critique, I appreciate it. I try to get out every weekend and shoot different things, pretty much whatever catches my eye. I've been flipping between Manual and AV mode, but I must be honest and tell you that the AV mode doesn't appear to be working for me. LOL

I noticed your from Guelph, my wife and I are from Ayr, I'd love to get together sometimes and swap some stories and share some tips and tricks :D

Thanks
Ed.
Canon EOS 7D, Canon 100 - 400 IS USM.
Dieseldog

Return to Photo Critique