Hagersvillee round 2

For location information in and around Hamilton and Burlington

Moderator: wcleung

Hagersvillee round 2

Postby hbruton on Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:39 pm

My roomie and I continue our attempt to see a Snowy this winter so on Saturday it was down to Hagersville. No luck again but we still had a great day. The weather was sunny, cold but no wind. A great day for car birding. We had a pretty good day for raptors. 15 red tailed hawks, three kestrels, three harriers, one red shouldered hawk, and a couple short eared owls ( inthe field on the corner of country round 9 and 20 that has been posted before. The harriers, RTH, RSH and Short eared owls were all found there. A huge group of wild turkeys was found along one of the concesstion roads. Plenty of crows and blue jays. American Tree Sparrows, Pipets, cardinal, chickadees and house sparrows were active along the roads. The numbers winner this time around was Horned Larks. They were eveywhere! Small to medium groups were found on most the concession roads, flushed up by our car. Plenty of snow buntings were often found with them. No luck on Longspurs(again!). Chatted with some other birders at vrious stops and generally had a great day. Frustrated by my lack of Snowy Owls.
hbruton

Return to Hamilton, Burlington and Area Locations