Cranes

Sightings in and around Cambridge/Paris, etc

Moderator: wcleung

Cranes

Postby Jeffie Boy on Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:13 am

Was heading home last evening and as usual watching for deer crossing near WhistleBear Golf. In the field at the NW (401) side of the property, there was a pair of Sandhill Cranes feeding. Caught me a little off guard as I was not expecting to see any around the area yet. Usually see Turkeys there, but not these lovers...
Just another middle-aged guy who likes to stop and view the flora and fauna while driving 50km each way to work each day through the Region.
Jeffie Boy

Re: Cranes

Postby Jeffie Boy on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:41 am

Heading out of Galt at 06:45 this morning on Blenheim Road towards Barries Lake when I thought that I saw two Ostriches in the field next to the road. Then I woke up and realized it was (probably) the same pair of Cranes I had seen a month ago about two km away at Whistlebear Golf. They were quite close to the road so they were substantially larger than I remembered them to be having previously only seen them from afar. It was on the south (left) side of the road across from the firewood sales place just after the railway crossing between the tracks and the lake if anybody wants to watch them.
Just another middle-aged guy who likes to stop and view the flora and fauna while driving 50km each way to work each day through the Region.
Jeffie Boy

Return to Cambridge Bird Sightings