Peregrine Falcon, Milton

For sightings in and around Hamilton and Burlington

Moderator: wcleung

Peregrine Falcon, Milton

Postby Napper on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:31 pm

I am not sure why or how but this Peregrine made a kill and stopped on a hydro pole Saturday Feb 2, 2013 around 1:40 pm behind my house in suburban Milton.
I dunno :shock:

Sorry I have to use a external link. Hard drive died (lost everything) and I have not yet installed any imaging software :(

Obsession "Raptors"
Napper

Re: Peregrine Falcon, Milton

Postby Peter C. on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:48 pm

Awesome :!:

I don't suppose you could zoom in on the right "leg" of this bird? I see a speck of white there, right above the outermost toe - possibly a white band?
Peter C.,
Chief &c,
A.H.O.R.B.
Peter C.

Postby Mike O on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:20 am

My aunt and uncle live in a neighborhood behind E.C. Drury and say they have seen a Peregrine Falcon in their backyard. There is a small bush in their backyard and the neighborhood has a high percentage of bird feeders. Maybe it is the same bird.
Mike O

Postby Mike O on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:23 am

I should mention that E.C. Drury is a highschool near downtown Milton. My aunt and uncle have not seen the falcon in a few weeks though.
Mike O

Postby Napper on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:45 pm

Re:Peregrine

Peter, I sent a 39 mb tiff file to the Peregrine foundation after receiving a pm from "BigFrank" I zoomed in as much as I could, it looks like the band is blue or purple on Silver. I thought the same initially the silver/white spot does not appear in the the tiff image.

Mike O, I have never seen a Peregrine in Milton before. I have spotted a Merlin on a couple of occasions. It might be possible I suppose (backyard). We do have Coopers hawks patrolling feeders on a regular basis. My House is just South of EC Drury 5-7 minute walk

16 mile creek is just down a ways, it is open and populated with Mallards and geese at this time of year. Otherwise I don't understand the attraction to Milton.
Burlington bridge isn't that far and Neither is the Mississauga RBC building.

It was Mourning Dove

Napper
Obsession "Raptors"
Napper

Return to Hamilton, Burlington and Area Sightings