Seasonal Checklist to the Birds of Guelph/Wellington

For posting PDF or other files containing information - whether bird lists, location info, trails, etc. Only registered users will be able to download the files. Please register for access to the downloads.

Moderator: wcleung

Seasonal Checklist to the Birds of Guelph/Wellington

Postby jbrierley on Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:58 am

The attached PDF file is a prototype seasonal bird checklist for the Wellington County area, centred on Guelph.

The checklist was generated from a thousand of my own sightings (since 2003), plus sightings generously supplied by Karl and Marienna Egressy (http://www.kegressy.com). Many thanks to them, since it filled in the holes in my own flawed sightings (I'm sure I missed a lot!) with sightings from two very good birders!

It's still a work in progress. As more sightings are added, the PDF will be updated with a new version - probably for a few years to come. If anyone would like to add their own sightings to fill in more holes, please contact me at jbrierley@naturesbestcreations.com and we'll arrange to add them. I'd be grateful for the assistance - it'll decrease the amount of time needed to "finish" the checklist drastically.

This is a "community service" and will be made available as a free download once the list is finished. At the moment, download of the preliminary PDF is limited to registered users as a "thanks for registering" treat. Non-registered users can download it by... registering!

Future plans are to have the bar widths vary depending on how common the bird is at that time of year. This'll happen once I think there's enough sightings to make it accurate. I've also got numerous plans for other types of analysis such as plotting sightings on an area map, with a slider so you can select the time of year to plot (sort of a "where to go to see this bird" thing).

Thanks,
Jon

(Attachment deleted due to a new version - see below)
Last edited by jbrierley on Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jbrierley
Site Admin

Postby jbrierley on Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:07 am

Karl and Marienna sent me their 1999 through 2003 sightings. The revised copy (attached) contains these.

(Attachment deleted due to a new version - see below)
Last edited by jbrierley on Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jbrierley
Site Admin

New Version, Dec 20, 2005

Postby jbrierley on Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:11 pm

Revised copy attached with the beginnings of a "frequency" analysis as indicated by the width of the bar on the calendar.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jbrierley
Site Admin

Re: Seasonal Checklist to the Birds of Guelph/Wellington

Postby jakesddfj on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:55 am

Good post.I really think what you said is right,in modern society,we have so many troubles,if you feel nothing to relax yourself,I suggest you to play the runescape and some other games,and you can come to my page to find more information about wow gold and diablo 3 gold|Guild Wars 2 gold kaufen
jakesddfj

Return to Files (Download - Registered Users Only)